I Bet You Didn't Know These Facts About The Roaches In San Diego
When you see a San Diego cockroach crawling around your ome, you probably want to squash it and forget it. But did you know that these pests are some of the most resilient creatures on the planet? Seeing one in your home usually means there are more, and they're extremely difficult to get rid of. The San Diego pest control pros at Allswell Here are here with some helpful cockroach facts, as well as information on the problems they cause in your home. Stay informed and keep your home cockroach-free.
Three Things You Did Not Know About Cockroaches
Cockroaches are one of the most common pests in the world, and they're especially prevalent in warm climates like San Diego. Here are some things you may not know about these pests:
- Cockroaches can live without food for up to a month. If there's one thing cockroaches are good at, it's surviving. They can go without food for up to a month, and can even survive being submerged underwater for 30 minutes.
- Cockroaches can reproduce quickly. A female cockroach can lay up to 50 eggs at a time, and can produce up to 500 offspring in a single year. This rapid reproduction is one of the reasons a cockroach infestation can quickly get out of control.
- Cockroaches are extremely resilient. Cockroaches can withstand up to nine times the amount of radiation that would kill a human being. They've also grown resistant to many cockroach control products.
Your best defense against these hardy pests is to call in a professional San Diego cockroach control company like Allswell Here.
Common Problems Cockroaches Cause
Besides being difficult to get rid of, cockroaches can also cause a number of problems in your home. These pests are known to spread harmful diseases and can contaminate food sources with the bacteria they carry, including salmonella and E. coli. Cockroaches can also trigger asthma and allergies in some people, and their constant presence is sure to be a nuisance.
Cockroaches aren't simply an annoyance; they're dangerous pests that can cause serious problems in your home. If you're struggling with a cockroach problem, Allswell Here can help with our comprehensive cockroach pest control services.
Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Cockroaches
Here are some tips on how to deter cockroaches from your San Diego home:
- Keep your home clean and free of clutter. Cockroaches can hide in clutter, so keeping your home clean is a good way to deter them. Be sure to vacuum regularly and wipe down surfaces to remove any potential food sources.
- Store food in sealed containers. Cockroaches are attracted to food, so it's important to keep your pantry and cupboards clean and free of crumbs. Store food in airtight containers to keep them from getting into your food supply.
- Seal entry points. Cockroaches can squeeze through tiny cracks and crevices, so it's important to seal up any potential entry points. Check for gaps around doors and windows, and repair any holes in your walls or foundation.
- Fix any leaks. Moisture can also attract cockroaches, so make sure to fix any leaks in your plumbing.
By following these tips, you can help keep cockroaches out of your home. But if you do find yourself with an infestation, Allswell Here is here to help.
Benefits Of Professional Cockroach Control
Trying to get rid of cockroaches on your own can be a frustrating and fruitless endeavor. The best way to eliminate these pests is to call in a professional cockroach control company at the first sign of a cockroach infestation. At Allswell Here, our experienced technicians will be able to get rid of your cockroach problem for good. We use sustainable, cutting-edge cockroach control methods that are safe for your family and the environment while being highly effective at eliminating these pests. Call us today for a free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in San Diego.